cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore of differential incremental backup

JanS
Level 3
Please excuse my maybe a bit stupid / basic questions, but I'm just getting started with NetBackup and didn't find an answer to this in the documentation.

I'm doing a full backup of a volume first, then I modify some files (create new files, rename files, delete files) and do a differential incremental backup (level 1).

Later on I try to restore the data. I use bprestore and restore the whole volume. Bprestore is able to restore the modified and added files from the incremental backup, however it also restores the files that I deleted after the full backup.

Is there a way to not restore those files?

Thanks,
Jan

5 REPLIES 5

BackupJ
Level 3
Hi Jan,

I believe that would be the collect True Image Restore Information policy attribute

Thanks,
Jocelyn

JanS
Level 3
Hm, interesting.

But when I modify my policy I can't select "Collect true image restore information". It's greyed out.

Doesn't this work with NDMP?

Stumpr2
Level 6
True Image Restore (TIR) must be enabled in the NetBackup policy and backups need to run with TIR enabled prior to being able to do any TIR recoveries.

JanS
Level 3
Yes, but please look at what I wrote:

I can't enable it in the policy. The field "Collect true image restore information" is greyed out in my backup policy.

I'm using Policy Type NDMP. When I change it to "Standard" I can select that field, but not with Policy Type NDMP.

Stumpr2
Level 6

If it can not be selected for the backups then it cannot be used.