cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore success but file not restored

s11
Level 4
After restoring a file from client, in the destination folder the restored file is not there. NBU is giving status 0 (restore successfully completed). It shows Current kilobytes written as 5760 and Current files written as 0. I have tried different destination folders including restoring to a NBU backup server folder, but has not worked.

Please let me know where I went wrong. Thanks in advance.

BNetra
6 REPLIES 6

Stumpr2
Level 6
Check to see if the file was restored to the master server.

s11
Level 4
I checked on the master server and everything other place I could think of. The file is not there anywhere. But NBU says restore successful. How could it be possible?

Stumpr2
Level 6
restore again and check the restore log and also the reports.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Have you check that you are not sending the files to an alternate host ?

Message Edited by Omar Villa on 01-04-2008 04:49 PM

s11
Level 4
Thanks for the replies.

I could locate where the restore file is going. Please see the below warning.

1/6/2008 8:49:17 AM backupsrv MASTER Warning 167 Retrieve from client MASTER: WRN - System needs to be rebooted for file to take effect: C:\Documents and Settings\bkservice\Desktop\Restore Files (temp=C:\Documents and Settings\bkservice\Desktop\QQXL1KE1.NBU)

The restored file, instead of specified restore path, is getting restored on the backup server's desktop with the temp filename with .NBU extension. Here the destination given is C:\Documents and Settings\bservice\Desktop\Restore Files, instead it is getting restored in C:\Documents and Settings\bkservice\Desktop folder with a temp filename.

After getting the above error I restarted the backup server and tried again the same restore. The above error is still coming.

How can I restore to the specified destination with the original filename retained?

netcat
Level 3
while restoring the file in the restore options you need to check or mentioned an alternative restore folder or locations.  you can also choose to overwrite an existing files as well.

Open the backup & restore GUI and before you restore make sure that you have specified an alternative location.  Sorry Can't tell you much about windows as I use UNIX but I assume their gui are similar in functions