Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Lotus Notes 8 and NB75

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi there,

I'm trying to restore a lotus-notes job here,

I'm having a little problem here, All backup Jobs finish Status 0, fine.

When I tray to restore I can't see any file (at the client and server restore tab)

I have Backed UP/ using (vmware policy, Status 0) (Lotus Notes policy - Status 0) (transaction logs - status 0)

I log at the client, select restore tab/ history backups/ and nothing appears

select the policy type, the date, and Nothing appears. looking at the Activity Pane, I can see that almos 60GB was copied.

What am I doing wrong?

Master Server Red Hat x86_64

Client w/ notes (SuSE 11 64, at VMware)

NetBackup 7.5

Best Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you doing 2 passes at backing up this Lotus Notes Server OS (which is a Virtual Machine running guest OS SLES 11) ?

I have Backed UP/ using (vmware policy, Status 0) (Lotus Notes policy - Status 0) (transaction logs - status 0)

• You are backing up the VM - vmware policy status 0 - so you must be using a VMware backup server and taking a snapshot backup of the VM.
  • You are backing up Lotus Notes and transaction logs - LN policy - so you have the NetBackup Client installed in the Guest OS VM and also the NetBackup for Lotus Notes Agent?

If this is so then all you need to make sure is that you are specifying the client name as was specified in the policy for the Lotus Notes backup policy in the restore GUI for that type of agent restore.

Otherwise, if you are using the Backup Archive Restore GUI you need to choose from the Select for Restore dropdown, and choose select Restore from Virtual Machine Backup and use the correct VM name as used by the VM backup policy.

Also suggest if at GA 7.5, you update components to latest maintenance pack, as will have been lots of fixes since and added support.

Be aware Red Hat 5.5 or 6.3 running NetBackup 7.5.0.5 and later is supported as VMware Backup host and backup media server.

Please accustom yourself with this latest support statement and all your backup and virtual environment, OS support, file level recovery support all are compatible.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH127089

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sorry,  I Have a Master Server SLES 11  SP1 Physical

A Domino Server SLES 11 SP1  virtualized w/ VSphere 5.1

Using a VMWare policy its ok, a VMWare Snapshot was created and removed, I can't see the files that I backed up

Using a Lotus-Notes Policy I got Status 0 too, but I can't see files either,  even looking for it at client side.

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

As we can see.

Some ScreenShots,

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you tried to put a '/' in Browse Directory?

If you have started the GUI from /usr/openv/netbackup/bin, NBU will look in that path for backed up data.

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello Marianne, thanks for your help.

the problem is, nothing appears, looks like something is wrong, I have tried a netbackup restart (maybe some deamon should be stopped)

I'm trying to restore a lotus database, note that the policy type is Lotus-Notes and the place where I should put the "/" is gray

Anonymous
Not applicable

See if you can manipulate the bplist command to show you what you need to see instead of using the GUI.

Or see what is being errored when reviewing the debug logs for bplist.

See more here

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43668