cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring an individual e-mail or mailbox in Exchange 2010 DAG

JKIM1
Level 3

Hi,

I've got Netbackup (7.5.0.6) perform a VMware policy backup on passive node of 2-node Exchange 2010 DAG.

Is it okay to perform a restore on passive node? Should I perform a restore on active node?

I had a read through a link(https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/exchange-server-2010-backup-databases-and-restore-rdb) for a granular restore.

Is this the way to go? It seems quite hassle for a simple restore.

Can anyone please share ideas on this?

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

A single mail can be restired without using a recovery database

It is usually best to run up the BAR GUI on the active node or the Master Server to do it - the restore will go to the DAG name either way and it will direct it where it needs to go - so will end up being directed to the active node for the actual restore process

Just follow the NBU Exchange Admin guide / tech notes etc. for restoring an individual mail from an exchange GRT backup - ignore the fact that it was backed up via a VM

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

A single mail can be restired without using a recovery database

It is usually best to run up the BAR GUI on the active node or the Master Server to do it - the restore will go to the DAG name either way and it will direct it where it needs to go - so will end up being directed to the active node for the actual restore process

Just follow the NBU Exchange Admin guide / tech notes etc. for restoring an individual mail from an exchange GRT backup - ignore the fact that it was backed up via a VM