cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring files from a specific tape.

rsm_gbg
Level 5

Netbackup Enterprise 7.1.0.3 running on Solaris 10

If I want to restore some files but I only have one of a lot of tapes in the Library, the rest is Vaulted to offsite storage.
Now I would like to restore the files only from the tape that is in the library, sort of for the time being.
In restore I see all of the files, I could sort of narrow it down using dates, but I would like to click on a directory
and say that I would like to restore all files in this directory that you find on Tape X.
I don't care about the files on other tapes becuase that involves getting tapes from offline storage.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would like to restore all files in this directory that you find on Tape X.

There is no such functionality in NBU.

If tapes have been duplicated, you can use the method described in Martin's post.

NBU store catatog info for each client backup based on date. Only once file selection has been made does NBU check for media id.
You can make a selection and the use the 'Preview Media" button to see Media Id(s).
NBU does not differentiate between media in and out of robot when restore selection is made.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes, you make the image the primary copy.

If you search for the images in the catalog section of the GUI, select secondary copy, can right click and set as primary copy.  Job done ..

This TN shows how ...

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO33348

Martin

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I would like to restore all files in this directory that you find on Tape X.

There is no such functionality in NBU.

If tapes have been duplicated, you can use the method described in Martin's post.

NBU store catatog info for each client backup based on date. Only once file selection has been made does NBU check for media id.
You can make a selection and the use the 'Preview Media" button to see Media Id(s).
NBU does not differentiate between media in and out of robot when restore selection is made.

rsm_gbg
Level 5

I ended up in selecting the specific backup date for that tape in the backup history in the restore page.

That worked really good.
I was lucky that all other tapes had expired on that date.