cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resume Job after the System Crash

Iwan_Tamimi
Level 6

Hi All,

I am using Netbackup 7.5.0.4, the Master running RHEL 6.1 the Media Server running HPUX 11v31. We have a backup which is shadow image from another server and mount on the media server, my point is the data is static, no more change after mounted on the media server.

I put the check point on on the  policy, then the backup running around 80% then suddenly the master server crash, but could brought up again. After the master was up , I tried to resume the job to continue. It looked like it resumed like normal and finish with 0 status.

Then I am checking by pretend to restore using the Java GUI, then when I wanted to choose that backup on the Java GUI it said only three files(actually total should be 25, 3 seemed the number files we backup after the resume) but when I see the file I wanted to restore from that backup are 25.

So is it the resumed job after the crash is valid?

Regards,

Iwan

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

in your case.. it seems its not valid..

i would sugguest you to check with symatec support and do the log anylisis and see what they can expline...

Iwan_Tamimi
Level 6

Thank you Nagalla, 

We redo the backup again to play save. Just for information, but the size seemed correct. 

Regards, 

Iwan Tamimi