cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention Settings in NetBackup Vault

shafty
Level 4

Hi guys,

I am a little confused on how I go about using extended retentions on vault backups. I have a policy with 3 schedules  with 2 different retention settings and use vault for duplication to offsite tape. In NetBackup Vault I have create 2 profiles, 1 targets the daily & weekly fulls and another targets the monthly full. The reason for creating 2 profiles was simply based on extending the retention on duplicated images to 3 months for monthly full backups. Can i confirm that this is the only approach I can take or is there a way of using a single profile with multiple retentions?

Backup Schedule & Retention                                  Vault Profie

daily-incre    1 month                                               NT- 1 month

weekly-full    1 month                                               NT- 1 month

monthly-full   2 month                                               Nt-3 month

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You're doing it correctly, there is no other way. You search for images (backups) based on the criteria you set, say the last 2 days, from media server X, policy name x, y, z, and then you duplicate those, and possibly change the retention (or not). The only way to go granular is by splitting the profiles like you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You're doing it correctly, there is no other way. You search for images (backups) based on the criteria you set, say the last 2 days, from media server X, policy name x, y, z, and then you duplicate those, and possibly change the retention (or not). The only way to go granular is by splitting the profiles like you did.