cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robtest Mounting Issues

dragon-x
Level 3
Hi All,

I'm currently setting up our DR site, but I've encountered an issue.

I'm using Netbackup 6.5.4.

The problem is that everytime I try to mount the catalog tape I get a error message from Robtest.

Here is what I've encountered.

*The catalog is in Slot 1.

Command:
  • m s1 d1
  • Initiating MOVE_MEDIUM from address 1000 to 500
  • move_medium failed
  • sense key = 0x4, asc = 0x40, ascq = 0x1, UNKNOWN ERROR, KEY: 0x04, ASC: 0x40, ASCQ: 0x01

Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks for the help everyone!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6
we got the exact same error with one tape this weekend (L180 connected to Solaris master).
we are able to move tape from slot to slot but not from slot to drive. 
have a funny feeling the tape cartridge is upside-down but no one on remote site to verify that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You need to contact the manufacture of the robot to find out what that sense code mean. But in general 0x4 mean  hardware errors

Wikipedia : Key Code Qualifier

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You did not mention your O/S?
This TechNote covers robot issues with Windows: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/276893.htm

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
 There should be some logs in it.

Will_Restore
Level 6
we got the exact same error with one tape this weekend (L180 connected to Solaris master).
we are able to move tape from slot to slot but not from slot to drive. 
have a funny feeling the tape cartridge is upside-down but no one on remote site to verify that.

dragon-x
Level 3
wrobbins: That is a real coincidence! I've asked our admin over there to check it for me, and guess what? the tapes were upside down. The person that put the tapes in has no experience in this area which is a major discomfort for me because now I can't even rely on him.

Thanks everyone for the help, and a big thanks to you wrobbins for the hint, it was the problem.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Chalk it up as a lesson learned. He was probably so embarrased that he made no big deal about it. It won't happen again by the same peson :)