cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAN Client Setup

Amin123
Level 4
Partner

I would like if I can get help regarding the installations of SAN Client.
If there a specific procedure to install and configure this new technology. Also the connectivity between the SAN client and both the master and media servers.
Also about the Zoning in the SAN switch between the SAN client and the tape library also the media servers.
What is the supported media server O.S and what is the supported HBA, Also what is needed to be done in both the SAN client and the Media server.
Where and how to Configure Fiber Transport (FT) services.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
5 REPLIES 5

Marianne

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Hey Amin, I answered your email, you can go to another two documents, SAN Client Troubleshooting and Netbackup Shared Storage Admin Guide (chapter 4) there is all what you need. Regards.

powplug
Level 2

I followed the procedure for setting up the FT server and  trying to mark a hba-port as target fails. I am using netbackup 6.5 on Solaris 10. The server is both the master and media server.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbftconfig -ls
No FT servers found

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbhba -l
Unable to communicate with HBA ports.
Please ensure that this system is set up correctly with nbftsrv_config.
(Must not be set up as FT Server.)
Error #11: system call failed

kayode_ikugbayi
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Please can anyone help out, I have configured my FT media server and a dedicated SAN client, the necessary configuration has been done and the SAN client is visible on the FT media server as well as the target ports on the FT media server.

But after initiating a backup of the SAN client  from the Master server, the transport type still shows Lan instead of Fibre Transport.

What can I do to resolve this issue.

I also got this error log from the FT media server.

root@ubnlive1
# ./nbftconfig  -listactive
No active connections found

Mike_Gavrilov
Please show:
#nbftconfig  -listservervs
#nbftconfig  -listclients
outputs from ft-server