cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAN FT Media Server on Solaris 11

Mr_XRT
Level 2

Hi !

I was trying to configure a FT Media Server on a Oracle-SUN X3-2 server running Solaris 11 x86/64, and when i executed the command /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbftsrv_config  -nbhba, the OS answers "no such file or directory".  Is possible configure a SAN FT Media Server on Solaris 11 x86 ?? i was reading at sort.symantec.com and apparently that's not possible, it's true ?. My NBU version is 7.5

I almost forgot .. i have a Dual Port Qlogic HBA on that server, is possible configure one port for the FT zone (target mode) and the other port for the External zone (initiator mode), connecting my server to the backup library ?

Thanks, best regards.

5 REPLIES 5

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As you have already cheched inSORT, Solaris 11 FT media server is not yet supported. Also check HCL page 199.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76495

Mr_XRT
Level 2

Thanks Yasuhisa ... about the 2nd point, in my dual port qlogic HBA, i can use one port for the FT zone and the other one for my Storage zone ?? or should i have to use other qlogic or emulex hba for my storage zone ?

Best regards.

Ankit_Maheshwar
Level 5

Mr_XRT..for Port connectivity please ask this question to Oracle forum...

Mr_XRT
Level 2

Ankit, because i can't use solaris 11 for SAN FT Media Server, i have to install RHLE or another supported OS. In my X3-2 server i have just one qlogic dual port HBA. Reading the SAN Client guide, to me is not clear if the "target mode driver" affects all my hba ports or just the marked ones, because one port will be connected to the FT zone and the other one to my library robot. (SL150).

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In FT media server configuration steps, you can (and you must) specify which ports you use in target mode. You can use one port for FT and another for SL150.