cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Backup failing with status code 6

cgcsym
Level 3

I have scheduled a new policy to take backup for sap online backup on windows server, but it fails with status =1 and status =6

the output log shows the following:

BR0160E Unexpected symbol 'E:\oracle\SID\sapbackup\.switch.lis' found for parameter '<unknown>'
BR0159E Error reading BR*Tools profile E:\oracle\SID\12102\database\initNWD.utl

BR0056I End of database backup: betaenog.log 2016-04-24 12:05:10
BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2016-04-24 12:05:10
BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors
Execution of BRBACKUP command failed - exiting

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Been quite a while since I have worked with SAP backup, but seem to remember it was called .switch.list and thinking SID might should have been NWD as Oracle often have the SID name in the path.

I am sorry, but think you have to go through the SAP admin guide and make sure all the paths/parameters/names are correct for your system

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Is this a new client you're backing or did you simply create a new policy for an already existing client?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Unexpected symbol ....

Error reading BR*Tools profile ....

Either script error or permission error.

Which Service Account is NetBackup Client service running with? 
If the default LocalSystem, then this is the first thing to fix.

Have you followed steps in NetBackup for SAP Administrator's Guide  ?

sudhakarkumar
Level 4

the following may be the reasons:

1.may be the sql user passsword has been changed or expired. update the latest password if any.

2.if the script has been successfullly executed before then don't need to check complete script just verify the SID.

3.Check archive log in on in SAP system or not.

4.Check is there any .lock file in the sapbackup folder(which folder is used for brtools logs) if .lock file exists please delete that file and stop the previous backup processes which are still running from BR Tools.

After checking all these try to Intiate the backup again. it will work for sure.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Look like a typo error in a configuration file. Please inspect init<SID>.util file in the Oracle home catalog