cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Backup Configuration at Netbackup side.

Zakir_Khan_786
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I am new with to SAP HANA Backup Configuration at Netbackup side.

We have inform the SAP admin to run backup and restoration from SAP HANA studio.

My question is after link all the required parameter.

If SAP admin is running backup job from SAP HANA studio, what need to be done at netbackup side?

Creating the policy? .........If i am creating the policy, which script i have to use? if the job is executed from SAP HANA studio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you read NBU for SAP manual? Policy and schedule config is covered in the manual. You don't need to add anything in Backup Selection if backup is initiated on the client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Have you read NBU for SAP manual? Policy and schedule config is covered in the manual. You don't need to add anything in Backup Selection if backup is initiated on the client.

Zakir_Khan_786
Level 3
Partner

you mean to say client-initiated SAP backup can, either manually or via a non-NetBackup scheduler, initiate a backup to the NetBackup backint or libsapora/orasbt APIs.

Marianne
Why are you marking your own post as Solution? You still need a policy with schedule that allows user-initiated SAP backups. Please read up in NBU for SAP manual about policy requirements.

Zakir_Khan_786
Level 3
Partner

Zakir_Khan_786
Level 3
Partner

That was done by mistake ..........