cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Backup failed-bphdb exit status = 6: the backup failed to back up the requested files

NBU8123
Level 3

Hi All,

SAP HANA Backup failed-bphdb exit status = 6: the backup failed to back up the requested files

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NBU8123_1-1620818286972.png

Hi Nicolai,

Now backup is running i have fixed .utl (define policy name and schedule) file and makes some changes. now new problem is when i take redo log backup parent stream showing redo log policy name but child stream generates online backup policy name for the same client. and as per SAP team backup is completed.

please suggest what to do.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pats_729
Level 6
Employee
Hello

Is this backup ever worked for you ? If not then please verify backint configuration

If it was already working then capture following information
Can you please post here following
Backint logs
Backup script
Detailed job status from activity monitor

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

hi @NBU8123 

A status code 6 basically mean "something went wrong take a look". So team up with your SAP DBA to troubleshoot this, you will likely not be able to resolve this on your own.

Ask to have a look at the output from the SAP Hana backup process. It could be something simple, not related to Netbackup.

The Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide has a section called "NetBackup debug logs and reports". Take a look. For sure you want to enable the bphdb debug catalog on the sap hana client. Ensure the SAP user/group has file system right to write in the debug catalog. Re-run the backup and take a look at the output generated in the Netbackup debug directories.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/16226696-127422304-0/v23552379-127422304

Hi Nicolai,

Now backup is running i have fixed .utl file and makes some changes. now new problem is when i take redo log backup parent stream showing redo log policy name but child stream generates online backup policy name for the same client.

Hi

SAP Backup is running i have fixed .utl file and makes some changes. now new problem is when i take redo log backup parent stream showing redo log policy name but child stream generates online backup policy name for the same client.

NBU8123_1-1620818286972.png

Hi Nicolai,

Now backup is running i have fixed .utl (define policy name and schedule) file and makes some changes. now new problem is when i take redo log backup parent stream showing redo log policy name but child stream generates online backup policy name for the same client. and as per SAP team backup is completed.

X2
   VIP   

@NBU8123 post the list of schedules and schedule types in each of those policies please.

PS: Editing your post is recommended than posting same message multiple times.

pats_729
Level 6
Employee
Hello
It seems you are using 2 different policies for dB backup and log backup.
To keep the config simple... my suggestion is to use same policy for both but different schedules can be used for setting different retention.
Or
Create 2 different utl files and call appropriate policy for dB and log backups. Don’t forget to update utl files path in HANA studio.