cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA backint backup exit with exit code 13 permission issue

Manumohan
Level 4

Master: Win 2012 R2, Medid Win 2012 R2, Client: Linux SUSE 11. NBU version 7.7.1

SAP backup failing with exit code 13, permission denied to path /usr/sap/PD1/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint. Failure is on SAP Mangemebt studio level. No backup are triggering to netbackup.

When doing backup on SAP management studio by piint file instead of backint the backup gettign successful to the above location without permission issue. When specifying backint permission issue comming.

I have created a symblic link as mentioned below.

ln -s /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/hdbbackint_script /usr/sap/PD1/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint

This (hdbbackint_script in netbackup location) file has permission  777.  ownership root:bin.

/usr/sap/PD1/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint ---> this file set permission 777 and ownership sapadm:sapsys.

Please assist me on this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Going through the steps in this post

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/General-database-backup-error-troubleshooting/m-p/675381

might help you.

Which user are you calling the hdbbackint with ?  In regular SAP backups this as usually been a specific sap user, guess you are missing a su - <specific sap user> somewhere

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

HI Michael, Thx for the information.

Initially there was no directory to the location "/usr/sap/PD1/SYS/global/hdb/" . Based on documentation i have created full path "/usr/sap/PD1/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint".

hdbbackint ----> this directory has sap group and user permission as 777. 

I tried to run test backup from SAP Management Studio . So i am not sure where to specify the SU - for the user becaue script is not created, policy do not have selection. Just mentioned the policy name in the file initSAP.utl.

Is this file initSAP.utl need a SAP user & permission?

Think you need to go through the prerequisites in the Netbackup SAP Admin Guide together with your SAP administrator and the linux OS admin

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Hi Michael,

Below is the error code getting . Alos attached a screen shot for your reference. Greatly appreciate if you have any suggestion. Any qucik handy technote we have SAP HANA permissions?

016-10-14T17:47:45+08:00  P023500      157c2971156 ERROR   BACKUP   SAVE DATA finished with error: [447] backup could not be completed, [110507] Backint exited with exit code 1 instead of 0. console output: exec of /usr/sap/QA1/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint failed, Permission denied (13) exec of /usr/sap/QA1/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint failed, Permission denied (13)

Still think you need to go through the prerequisites in the Netbackup SAP Admin Guide together with your SAP administrator and the linux OS admin as this seem to be a configuration problem.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the support. The issue got fixed.

problem was with the symbolic link creation.