cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP for Oracle 10g - linking libraries

rjrumfelt
Level 6

Greetings all - its been a while since my last thread.  Different company now, different problems :)

We're working on an installation for SAP for Oracle, and the Oracle version is 10g.  The only problem is, the documentation does not reference (that I can find) if the libraries that you link to are the same between 9i and 10g. 

We're using the 6.5.6 client on AIX6, backing up to a 6.5.3 Linux Master.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Welcome back, Jason! I've missed you!!

Any reason why you don't simply want to use oracle_link script? It's safe, detects the Oracle version and creates the appropriate sym-link.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
No reference in guides and compatibility lists, you can follow steps for 9i on 10g.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hmm, first, you should correct this point. Servers must be higher or equal version than clients.

RiaanBadenhorst

ln -s /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/libobk.a64 libobk.a

Marianne

Welcome back, Jason! I've missed you!!

Any reason why you don't simply want to use oracle_link script? It's safe, detects the Oracle version and creates the appropriate sym-link.

rjrumfelt
Level 6

Much appreciated

rjrumfelt
Level 6

But unfortunately there are some customer requirements that keep us tied to the 6.5.6 client, but we are not to a point to where we can upgrade our servers to 6.5.6.

rjrumfelt
Level 6

Not sure why that wasn't thought of - maybe b/c we're used to Oracle and the SAP inclusion threw us off?

rjrumfelt
Level 6

Thanks Marianne