cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCHEDULE Name UNKNOWN

Tabriz
Level 5

Hi Dear Friends,

l uploaded the excel file in which there are some problems related backup.(ststuas code 96 is okay )

9 REPLIES 9

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Tabriz,

I will speak for my self:

I will never open an excel, pdf or word attachement on such forums... please provide this in text file or screen shot.

So for now I am unable to check what is your issue.... and I think I do speak for many of us in this community...

@Hi @quebek 

When backup failed in netbackup appeared some problems.

1 What means Schedule Level Type -> UNKNOWN and Storgae Unit is UNKNOWN (policy name is catalog)

2 STATUS CODE 2 means -> netbackup can't backup Catalog backup? 

Thanks

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

Well you need to more precise... So what is the policy type, name which failed. what are the policy details from this failed run etc...

about status codes  - you can use this to have some more insights:

bperror -S 2
none of the requested files were backed up
A backup or archive did not back up any of the files in the file list.
This status code applies primarily to automatic backups using Lotus Notes or SQL Server database agents, when all the backups that are job-related have failed. Or, an Enterprise Vault backup has failed. It should not occur for standard file system backups.
Open a NetBackup support case if you encounter this error for a UNIX, Linux, or Windows file system backup, or for database agents other than SQL Server or Lotus Notes.

@quebek 

Policy name is Catalog and Job Type is Catalog Backup

quebek
   VIP    Certified

so catalog backup has few child jobs...

can you share these child jobs details along with policy configuration...

you do not help by providing such poor details.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

So your exit code of 2 is an outcome from previous 96

Add scratch tapes to the library and retry.

Also I can tell you schedules are messed up - why would like like to keep CINC daily's with 1 month retention if your FULL's are kept for 2 weeks? I don't follow...

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Tabriz 

It is impossible to troubleshoot from OpsCenter report only.

The report is saying to you:
'Something is wrong. Go to the Admin Console for details.'

So, step 1 is to look for Parent and Child Jobs for the Catalog Backup.
Each Child Job has a specific function (explained in Admin Guide I and various posts in this forum).
Use the Overview tab as well as the Details tab for more info on why the job failed.
My guess is that the Parent job failed with status 2 because of Status 96 (no tapes) for the child job(s).

If we have Details of Parent and Child jobs, we will be able to map the relevant info back to what you are seeing in the Ops Center report and screenshots. Unknown could simply mean that the schedule name or type is irrelevant for a parent job.
I don't know. I need to see Activity monitor to know.

I won't be concerned about the UNKNOWN schedule - rather that something is wrong that needs to be fixed.
Concentrate on your issue at hand - you do not have sufficient tapes in the robot.
Each job that is failing with status 96 is a big problem.
Your client is exposed and in serious risk of data loss if a backup is needed from a day when the backup failed.

You said in a previous post that you do not have access to the Admin Console.
Without access, you are never going to learn or be able to troubleshoot or fix problems.
Your backup administrator is in this case 100% responsible for troubleshooting and fixing problems.