cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOM 2007 R2 and Symantec NetBackup 7.5

Aleksey_Tokar
Level 2

Please excuse me for my English. We have Symantec NetBackup 7.5 and MS SCOM 2007 R2 installed. Is it possible to make friends these products? Tried to do that with this http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH139344 package, but no result. SCOM cant discover NetBackup components on our NetBackup server.

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Did you follow all the instructions & fulfill all the pre-requisites etc in the "SCOM 2007 Management Pack Guide for Symantec NetBackup.pdf" included in the download?

It's not something I've ever been involved with but having just had a quick read of this manual I'm a little confused with your statement:

SCOM cant discover NetBackup components on our NetBackup server

I thought that the only thing 'discovered', as it were, is the NetBackup Ops Center Server from where it gets the alerts of any device issues etc:

By deploying the SCOM Management Pack for NetBackup and integrating OpsCenter and SCOM, SCOM can receive the SNMP trap alerts that have been configured in OpsCenter. As a result, SCOM can be used for the centralized management of NetBackup alerts.

or is it just me & I've totally misunderstood the manual and/or your question? (for which I apologise in advance)

Will_Restore
Level 6

How I read this Guide as well.   

"Note: The term NetBackup alerts used in this document means alerts about

NetBackup. It does not mean that these alerts are generated by NetBackup."

Aleksey_Tokar
Level 2

Yes, I acted only as directed. Perhaps the problem is that the instruction and management pack for SCOM 2007 and NetBackup 7.0.x ??? In our infrastructure we have products SCOM 2007 R2 and NetBackup 7.5.