We Have the following configuration :
- Node1,Node2 "clustered master servers" where Node2 is active
- node 2,3,4 configured as media servers on which STK SL3000 with 6 D10000D drives configured , each server have 2 HBA .
Zones is configured in the same way on the 3 servers :
Zone 1 : HBA1 PWWN , 6 tape drives WWN . "Drives Port A selected from storageTek SLC console"
Zone 2 : HBA 2 PWWN , 6 tape drives WWN . "Drives Port B selected from storageTek SLC console" , Robot WWN .
Node3 is controlling the robot , Node 2,4 are configured to access the robotic unit through remote host .
When configuring node4 using configuration wizard , the 6 tapes drives on SL3000 is seen twice :
- Once (On port 5) under robot control "Where SN is the same as seen in SLC console and as seen from node 2,3 , The target no, is the same on all hosts"
- Once (On port 6 ) as a standalone drive "strangely , Drives here have different SN from SN seen in SLC console/node2,3 and have different target no. .. that's why NBU mistakenly think it's different drives .
From O.S side I removed ghost devices for robot/drives , restarted device media manager on node 4 and 2 , robot is deteced fine on device media manager from windows , with 12 paths for the 6 drives .
I'm just using node1/node2 names for simplicity .. let's say train1 , train2 , etc ..
train1 , train2 nodes are clustered master servers , train2 is active .
train3 , train 4 are media servers ...
The problem as described above is only on train4 ..
All 4 servers have exactly the same configuration where each server have two dual ported HBA , "customer uses WWN no. directly with no aliases in soft zone configuration" , cutsomer uses one WWN from the Robot , and 2 WWN for each tape drive "mapped to 2 HBAs" :
Zone1 : HBA1/Port1 ===> mapped to SAN storage .
zone2 : HBA1/port2 , 6 T10000D tape drives WWNs "Port A is selected from each drive" .
Zone3 : HBA2/Port1 ===> mapped SAN Storage .
zone4 : HBA2/port2 , 6 T10000D tape drives WWNs ."Port B is selected from each drive" , Robot intiator WWN .
Train3 controls the robot , train2 , train4 are configured to use train3 as the remote host who is controling the robot .
Only Train4 , See 6 tapes twice , once as stand alone (where tapes have different target no. and oddly different SN )
and once under robot control (where tapes have same target no. and SN as train2 and train3)
* Should robot intiator WWN be mapped to train2 , train4 ?
* I removed ghost devices for robot and drives on train4 , will remove it from train3 next visit ..
Any Ideas ?