cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP Changes

1501SV
Level 4
Partner

I want to change my existing SLP with a new storage unit (my current tape based storage unit is not working as expected). But will this be aplicable for pending duplication as well in the queue ?

If not, can i make any changes for making all pending duplications use this new storage unti ?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can make the change via the command line (takes a bit of working out) and use the all_versions switch so that it changes all versions and deals with the pending duplications

#edit#

To make it a bit clearer!!! Use nbstl lifecyclename -all_versions -L to pipe out what it currently is and to show the version numbers.

You can then edit your current SLP which will up the numbers by one.

Run the above command again to see that the "old" version dos not use the new storage unit.

Run nbstl lifecyeltname -modify_version -version 7 -residence disk, tape

Where 7 above was the old version and disk, tape are the stu names as shown in th enew version

Hope that makes sense .. always an awkward command

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can make the change via the command line (takes a bit of working out) and use the all_versions switch so that it changes all versions and deals with the pending duplications

#edit#

To make it a bit clearer!!! Use nbstl lifecyclename -all_versions -L to pipe out what it currently is and to show the version numbers.

You can then edit your current SLP which will up the numbers by one.

Run the above command again to see that the "old" version dos not use the new storage unit.

Run nbstl lifecyeltname -modify_version -version 7 -residence disk, tape

Where 7 above was the old version and disk, tape are the stu names as shown in th enew version

Hope that makes sense .. always an awkward command

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You can change it using nbstl. Make sure to modify the current version by using "-modify_current" in your syntax. If you don't it will make a new version and then you'll have to go modify the previous version as well (so your already generated SLP jobs get changed too)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43730

watsons
Level 6

active duplication will not be effective for your change, as Mark pointed out you need to use the -modify_version. 

There is a well-written technote for this:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH145081

1501SV
Level 4
Partner

thank you all. made changes and now i could see my previous uncompleted jobs are coming in queue with the new SU.

Cheers !!!