cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP Delay

spitman
Level 5

I know there is a way to say "delay the duplication part of an SLP for x hours," but I can't seem to remember where the setting is. (Yes I know there are SLP windows now; but I am specifically talking about this delay time.) Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There is no such setting. SLPs can be set to inactive via cmd and later set to active again. You can automate the commands via cron. See this discussion and TNs referred to in the post: https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/how-suspend-duplication-slp#comment-9868591

View solution in original post

Genericus
   VIP   

Agree with Marianne.

All you have now are either SLP Windows, or config parameters for ALL the SLP, which control how big they need to be and how long before processing smaller ones, as well as how often nbstserv checks for new SLP to process, you MAY be able to tweak these parameters to process your SLP as you want.

With current NB - 

command to replace a config file with your values: ( you can issue this on the fly, it will take effect the next time nbstserv scans )

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsetconfig /usr/openv/var/global/nbcl.conf.new

The configs are stored (on my solaris system) as /usr/openv/var/global/nbcl.conf

# cat /usr/openv/var/global/nbcl.conf
SLP.MIN_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 32 GB
SLP.MAX_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 64 GB
SLP.JOB_SUBMISSION_INTERVAL = 5 minutes
SLP.IMAGE_PROCESSING_INTERVAL = 5 minutes
SLP.IMAGE_EXTENDED_RETRY_PERIOD = 10 minutes
SLP.MAX_TIME_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB = 2 minutes
SLP.WINDOW_CLOSE_BUFFER_TIME = 5 minutes

older version had a LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS file in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config that did the same thing

# cat LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS
MIN_GB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 32
MAX_GB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 64
MAX_MINUTES_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB = 10
DUPLICATION_SESSION_INTERVAL_MINUTES = 20
IMAGE_EXTENDED_RETRY_PERIOD_IN_HOURS = 1

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
There is no such setting. SLPs can be set to inactive via cmd and later set to active again. You can automate the commands via cron. See this discussion and TNs referred to in the post: https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/how-suspend-duplication-slp#comment-9868591

Genericus
   VIP   

Agree with Marianne.

All you have now are either SLP Windows, or config parameters for ALL the SLP, which control how big they need to be and how long before processing smaller ones, as well as how often nbstserv checks for new SLP to process, you MAY be able to tweak these parameters to process your SLP as you want.

With current NB - 

command to replace a config file with your values: ( you can issue this on the fly, it will take effect the next time nbstserv scans )

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsetconfig /usr/openv/var/global/nbcl.conf.new

The configs are stored (on my solaris system) as /usr/openv/var/global/nbcl.conf

# cat /usr/openv/var/global/nbcl.conf
SLP.MIN_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 32 GB
SLP.MAX_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 64 GB
SLP.JOB_SUBMISSION_INTERVAL = 5 minutes
SLP.IMAGE_PROCESSING_INTERVAL = 5 minutes
SLP.IMAGE_EXTENDED_RETRY_PERIOD = 10 minutes
SLP.MAX_TIME_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB = 2 minutes
SLP.WINDOW_CLOSE_BUFFER_TIME = 5 minutes

older version had a LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS file in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config that did the same thing

# cat LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS
MIN_GB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 32
MAX_GB_SIZE_PER_DUPLICATION_JOB = 64
MAX_MINUTES_TIL_FORCE_SMALL_DUPLICATION_JOB = 10
DUPLICATION_SESSION_INTERVAL_MINUTES = 20
IMAGE_EXTENDED_RETRY_PERIOD_IN_HOURS = 1

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS