cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP Duplications

arunkumar_dadi
Level 4

Hi everyone,

Is there any chance to use an SLP that duplicates data to different tapes using Backup image in a disk 

suppose i have a basic disk where I am taking Backup and later i have added two Volume pools for duplication.

Here the problem is for 1st duplication it is using the copy on the Disk

But for the 2nd duplication it is using the previous volume pool for duplication, and it is using two drives at a time which means drives are not avaialable for other jobs for long period.

IS there any  other option to use make duplication using the basic disk for both the duplications.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

First, you are not using basic disk but advanced disk. By design basic disk STUs can not configured with SLPs.

to use the 1st copy of your backup as source for both duplication, the duplication definitions must be at the same column. use the arrows at the bottom to accomplices that.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

delete 2nd duplication and recreate it.

Before recreating, choose Backup operation, not 1st Duplication. Then Backup destionation will be considered as Source.

Regards

Michal

arunkumar_dadi
Level 4

If I chooose like backup means the system will be in hold for backup for 2 times. i just want to take a single backup to a BASIC DISK later i want to dupicate to multiple tapes using the same image in the disk. IS it possible???

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

Yes it is possible:

When you choose Backup and then create entry for 2nd duplication, then SLP will work as follows:

1/ Backup To Disk, 2/ 1st and 2nd duplication synchronously using Disk Backup as a Source

When you choose 1st Destination and create entry for 2nd duplication, then SLP will work as follows:

1/ Backup To Disk, 2/ 1st Duplication using Disk as a Source, 3/2nd Duplication using 1st Duplicate as a Source

Regards

Michal

StefanosM
Level 6

First, you are not using basic disk but advanced disk. By design basic disk STUs can not configured with SLPs.

to use the 1st copy of your backup as source for both duplication, the duplication definitions must be at the same column. use the arrows at the bottom to accomplices that.

Capture.PNG

arunkumar_dadi
Level 4

Thank you so much guyz. you given a great solution I learned a new thing today.