Did you mean: 

SLP Images Removel

prashant_shinde
Level 3

Hello Team

Let me explain the scenario

NB version  = 7.6.0.1

OS  = Redhat Linux 2.6

We have RMAN backups which were previously backed up using SLP ( 1 Month Onsite + 1 Month Offsite ). in mid March 2014 Some once changes SLP retention (2 Month Onsite + 2 Month Offsite ).  Which was wrong .. And we have changed it back on 19th May 2014

So in normal case, if backup would have been taken on 1st April 2014 then it should be in our Netbackup environment till 1 June ... this is what we want.

but currently Huge No. of Duplication jobs running in our NB .. when I checked some of the Duplication jobs, it showes Backup image dates of March & April 2014. which is needless.

In simple terms I don't want to run duplication jobs for those images whose Retention period is ( 2 month Onsite + 2 Month Offsite ). These backup images are taken in between 15th March ( when retention level changed )  till 20th May ( when we reverted back those changes )

No matter those images are in ACTIVE, PENDING or IN PROGRESS status .. I don't want to run Duplication jobs for above mentioned period backup images.

SLP name =  lou_rman_slp  \ sim_rman_slp

please help me with  ./nbstutil  command syntax  to achieve this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
I guess rookie1 is confused about canceling thr SLP using the command line and the GUI.. It restarts automatically if the job was cancelled from the activity monitor.. Now back to your question since you mentioned that you modified the SLP itself it must have created a new version.. Run the following command to list all the SLP version and look for the version where the retention was incorrect nbstl -all_versions -L Once you know the version number with the wrong retention configuration just run the following command to cancel all the duplications associated with the version number nbstlutil cancel -lifecycle -version Personally i feel This would be easier than searching for backupids..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need to identify the jobs that you want to cancel, compile a list of backup-id's, then cancel them with this command:

nbstlutil cancel -backupid <backupid>

You can add the list of backup id's to a text file (e.g. /tmp/image.txt), then cancel them using a 'for' loop:

for i in `cat /tmp/image.txt`
do
nbstlutil cancel -backupid $i
done

rookie11
   VIP   

just like marianne said. nbstlutil command. but once u cancel them after a certain duration duplications will start again.

Marianne

Not true. 'cancel' is permanent.

This is what NBU Commands manual says about the 'cancel' option:

cancel

Permanently cancels storage lifecycle policy processing according to how the
-lifecycle, -before, -after, and -destination options are used:
■ If the -lifecycle option and the -destination option are both used,
nbstlutil permanently cancels processing for the existing images that
the options identify.
■ If neither of the options is used, nbstlutil permanently cancels all pending
copies for all existing images that the storage lifecycle policies manage.
■ If only a storage lifecycle policy (-lifecycle) is specified, nbstlutil
permanently cancels all pending copies of the existing images that it
manages.
■ If only a destination is specified, nbstlutil permanently cancels all pending
copies that are bound for that destination, for all storage lifecycle policies.

Any new images that are created after this command are processed normally.
If all pending copies of an image are canceled, that image is marked as
complete. The destination name is the name of a storage unit or a storage unit
group that is used in a storage lifecycle policy.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
I guess rookie1 is confused about canceling thr SLP using the command line and the GUI.. It restarts automatically if the job was cancelled from the activity monitor.. Now back to your question since you mentioned that you modified the SLP itself it must have created a new version.. Run the following command to list all the SLP version and look for the version where the retention was incorrect nbstl -all_versions -L Once you know the version number with the wrong retention configuration just run the following command to cancel all the duplications associated with the version number nbstlutil cancel -lifecycle -version Personally i feel This would be easier than searching for backupids..
Moved:

Marianne