Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP Network Traffic with Auto Image Replication

Scott_Lewis_2
Level 4

Master / Media Server: Windows 2008 R2

NetBackup 7.5.03

I am trying to determine for my remote sites (17 sites) how much network traffic is being produced per replication job related to AIR.  If I look at a job log for the replication jobs from a server, it shows:

Replication Job 1: Report=PDDO Stats for (Server1): scanned: 48317362 KB, CR sent: 47937 KB, CR sent over FC: 0 KB, dedup: 99.9%

Replication Job 2: Report=PDDO Stats for (Server 2): scanned: 20334255 KB, CR sent: 32253 KB, CR sent over FC: 0 KB, dedup: 99.8%

If I get the SLP Report or the Jobs Report for the Replication Job, it shows only the scanned size (not the sent) as the job size.  Nowhere can I find in OpsCenter the Sent Size of the replication job.  I assume the sent size would equate to the amount of data sent between the media server to the remote master across the WAN(?)

Example from the job above:

Scanned - 46GB

Sent -  47Mb

How do I get the "Sent" information for all my replication jobs for the 17 servers and assocated replication jobs? 

Also has anyone done a comparsion replication rates and sent size of using an agentless (VStorage) VM backup versus a standard (agent installed on VM hosted server) when using AIR.  I find the replication jobs significantly smalller when using the "agent: when replicating the image to a remote master using AIR for the same server.  Should this be the case?

Thanks for any help or information

1 REPLY 1

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I'm not sure about the reporting, but you might want to ask this over in the OpsCenter forum:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/opscenter