cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP and Duplication question.

Frank_R
Level 3

Hello,

I just started using new Netbackup appliances and I'm learning about SLP and Duplication. I created a policy for a group of clients using a SLP that does the Backup to the appliance storage and the Duplication to tape (using the storage unit for the appliance to tape). Backups finished successfully and Duplications are done. No errors. Now my question is:

How can I know what exactly went to tape? On my activity monitor for the Duplications, the Job Policy shows the SLP I created and the client shows my master server. And wehn I go to the Catalog, and I search for a specific client, it shows Media ID @aaaaf.

Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

media ID @xxxxx is virtual media ID for disk storage unit. What you see in Catalog search is image copies stored in appliance. Set copy number to 2 in search criteria - you can get information of backup copies stored into tapes.

View solution in original post

Walker_Yang1
Level 5
Employee

In support of above comment, in addition, if you want to restore data from tapes other than appliance storage, so you need to search out the backup copies stored in tapes as above told, and right-click the image you want and set it to "Set Primary Copy". Next you could restore data from tapes.
2014-11-26_092305.png

hopes help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

media ID @xxxxx is virtual media ID for disk storage unit. What you see in Catalog search is image copies stored in appliance. Set copy number to 2 in search criteria - you can get information of backup copies stored into tapes.

Walker_Yang1
Level 5
Employee

In support of above comment, in addition, if you want to restore data from tapes other than appliance storage, so you need to search out the backup copies stored in tapes as above told, and right-click the image you want and set it to "Set Primary Copy". Next you could restore data from tapes.
2014-11-26_092305.png

hopes help

Frank_R
Level 3

Wow! Thank you very much for the fast response! It was very simple and helpful! Now I can see my copies.

I've been getting help from this forum for a long time, but this was my first post.

Thanks again!