cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP backup log info

Mehul_Pal
Level 5

I have an issue regarding SLP

There was a storage unit that was full hence i changed the storage unit in SLP and updated the SLP version as well

However there were some duplicatin which were active and kinda hung

I tried cancelling it from activity monitor but no luck after that I tried cancelling the SLP

using 

nbstlutil cancel -lifecycle lifecycle name

is there a way i can check what were the images which were not duplicated?

I need help urgently as I am not sure whether tht's the correct procedure or not

7 REPLIES 7

PatS729
Level 5

Hi,

command you used "nbstlutil cancel -lifecycle lifecycle name" would cancel all active image processing, instead you could have used "nbstlutil cancel -backupid <backupid>" to cancel hung duplications.

You can always, list IN_PROCESS images and cancel the only ones which are required. Here is the list of various SLP related commands. Keep it handy when dealing with SLP.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109501 --- SLP Cheat Sheet.

Hope it helps.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Seems you have already issued nbstlutil cancel ... command?
Too late to ask for advice now as you can no longer check for outstanding duplications as suggested above....

You will need to list images on the STU that were written in the period before it filled up and then manually check (or script) list of image copies to determine which ones do not have copy 2.

Always good to read documentation or ask for advice before making drastic decisions such as 'cancel' and not suspend...

I cancelled the duplication from console first when they were hung and were not going anywhere i have cancelled using the cancel

I have the list of duplication which were hung as they are showing cancelled by 150 now can it help?

Hi,

i am completly worried and nothing coming up in mind i can manually duplicate images however how do i proceed since when i shud start checking

Marianne
Level 6

If you can generate a list of image-id's from the cancelled jobs, you can add them all to a text file.
Use the text file with -Bidfile option to manually duplicate these images.

See http://www.veritas.com/docs/000110439

e.g.

bpduplicate -dstunit <dest_stunit_label> -dp <dest_volume_pool> -Bidfile <file_name> -rl <retention_level>

Customize options to match SLP duplication.

Hi,

i checked and found 20 ro 25 backup ids which were showing as cancelled

but someday said duplicate job can contain multiple backup ids as well

Marianne
Level 6

The list of backup id's should be in the Overview tab of the cancelled jobs.