cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP duplication uses only one media server

Yogesh_Jadhav1
Level 5

I am duplicating backups using SLP. I have one master & three media servers (7.1) and shared drives through one robot. For SLP the Storage Unit Group has all the Three Storage Units from the three media server and using load balancing alogrithm so that duplication jobs run accordingly on all the media servers but here duplications are running only through one media server.

I got the following error from /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/admin logs directory

00:07:27.709 [28374] <16> emmlib_GetStorageUnit: (0) GET_STORAGE_UNIT failed, emmError = 2002002, nbError = 0
00:07:29.360 [28378] <16> emmlib_GetStorageUnit: (0) GET_STORAGE_UNIT failed, emmError = 2002002, nbError = 0
00:07:30.702 [28402] <16> emmlib_GetStorageUnit: (0) GET_STORAGE_UNIT failed, emmError = 2002002, nbError = 0
00:07:30.749 [28405] <16> emmlib_GetStorageUnit: (0) GET_STORAGE_UNIT failed, emmError = 2002002, nbError = 0

This error is for each duplication job.

3 REPLIES 3

Yogesh_Jadhav1
Level 5

Even after changing the Storage Unit Selection using Round Robin or Prioritized alogrithms its taking only one media server

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I am using DXI8500 and backups going to VTL on DXI8500 and then get duplicated to tape. I do see the same error message in admin log but only when my jobs are queued waiting for drives to be freed up or if sometimes duplication failed with 191. So I guess it would be fine if you are having the same thing unless there would be an issue as explained in below TN

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166536
About the only 1 media server getting used make sure your STU is configured fine.In the SLP what is setup as Media Owner and alternate read server?

Also make sure the other media server which are not writing should have proper connection with Master server and should be writing the backups fine. If the other media server are not writing the backups as well we might need to check the connectivity.

Yogesh_Jadhav1
Level 5

I am duplicating from Disk Library to the tapes, Media owner is - Any and I have not configured the Alternate read media server as I want to equaly distribute the duplication jobs on my three media server using Storage Group.

Media servers are connected fine and writing backups and even duplication occassionaly go through other medias server when all the drives are busy on the first media server.