SLP expired after copy

muhiqbalsaleh
Level 3

hello,

i do SLP backup to disk with retention "expired after copy"

but when i check with command 

"./nbstlutil -lifecycle <policy_name>"

the image is still exist and not erased

then i check with catalog search image on disk with this policy, the image is gone

can you tell me please why with command is still exist and with catalog search is different ?

i send the image attachment below

*sorry for my bad english

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

You need to do some home work about SLP... expire after copy - is for 1st copy - the one on disk.

After duplication you do have 2nd copy which became primary one and this one is being shown in the catalog... You can you the following command to check me out

bpimagelist -backupid your-backup_id -L

and then search for Copy number: 1 - I think it won't be there but you will find out Copy Number: 2

good luck - and do some reading about slp's if you do not want to get into troubles... my advise.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

You need to do some home work about SLP... expire after copy - is for 1st copy - the one on disk.

After duplication you do have 2nd copy which became primary one and this one is being shown in the catalog... You can you the following command to check me out

bpimagelist -backupid your-backup_id -L

and then search for Copy number: 1 - I think it won't be there but you will find out Copy Number: 2

good luck - and do some reading about slp's if you do not want to get into troubles... my advise.

Thank You quebek

im new to netbackup and yes i need to read much documentation about netbackup

haha 

thank's