cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP in NBU

Bachchan
Level 6

I am testing NBU SLP. I am running 2 servers one is DC(windows 2008 R2) and the other is NBU master & media server(windows 2008 R2). I created 2 Advance disk pools say A & B on NBU server. Then I created a regular policy and  ran a bup of a file on DC which was successful.

now i wanted to create SLP and went into the console and in the ADD option of SLP selected Advance disk A and in the duplication option selected Advance disk B. but I dont see the duplication done on B. also want to mention that I went to the Master server-properties-Slp parameters and reduced the minimum duplication job to 1KB as I thought that might be the reason but still no result...... Is it possible to force the duplication? 

Anyother suggestion will be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Genericus
   VIP   

Once you build the SLP, you will need to run another backup

Only backups that run after the SLP is configured will be effected by it.

You likely will need to send us some configuration information, so we can confirm there is nothing else going on.

There is no way to force steps of the SLP to go, beyond changing the basic SLP parameters...

If the Ideas still exist, you can go and vote for my suggestion that they add the ability to force SLP steps to activate.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

I did run the backup job after I created the SLP. Can you be specific about the configuration you want to know.......

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

did you select the SLP on backup policy storage units before running  the backup?, SLP has to be selected in policy storage unit. 

if no , select it first and try backups

if yes send the below output

bpplist <policyname> -L

nbstlutil report

nbstl <SLPName> -all_versions -U

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please post all info as per Ram's request.
This will tell us if anything is overlooked/missing in your config.

Another parameter to look at is "Force interval for small jobs".
The default is 30 min. You may want change it to 5 min while you are testing.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I highly recommend reading the SLP best pratices document. This document provided me with the backugrpund information to start using SLP's.

Best practices for using Storage Lifecycle Policies and Auto Image Replication in NetBackup 7.6

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000018455

Thanks to everone I was able to run the duplication

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please let us know what exactly you did to make it work.