Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP tracking question

Toddman214
Level 6

Windows 2008r2, NetBackup 7.5.0.4

Hello all,

I am using SLP to duplicate data between my primary and secondary DataDomains. I do this because the native DataDomain replication has burned me badly before, and I also dont have very much visibility (if any) into specifically what got duplicated and what didnt, hence, using SLP instead.  I know that it is preferable to have fewer SLP policies than many, but I'm running into a minor tracking issue. My SLP policies are only divided up between retention times, so I might have the clients in many different backup policies that have a 30 day retention, being replicated all under the same SLP policy, called DD1_to_DD2_30Days, for example. So, what happens is that when I look in the activity monitor, I see a huge list of SLP jobs with the same name, and I have to click through them looking at the job details, or get into the catalog and search for "copy 2" to see a particular duplicated job. What I would like to do is to not only divide the SLP jobs by retention, but also by client type, I.E, Unix, NDMP, CFS, Windows, VM's, Exchange, etc. So, I might end up with 20 to 30 SLP policies, once each are configured for type AND retention. Is this a feasible solution to help me better track which SLP job duplicated what data, or is there a better way to do that?

Thank you,

Todd 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I seee the issue you are having. 30 SLP is no problem - I got system with manny more.

Can bpimagelist do the job for you ?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43661

bpimagelist has some options regarding SLP's  e.g.

-option LIST_COMPLETE_COPIES   Do not report fragments of a duplicate copy that is still in process

-stl_incomplete
Reports only the images that the storage lifecycle has not completely processed. This option cannot be used with the stl_complete option

-stl_name storage_lifecycle_name
Specifies a storage lifecycle name to be used when you select images. Only images with the specified storage lifecycle name are selected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I seee the issue you are having. 30 SLP is no problem - I got system with manny more.

Can bpimagelist do the job for you ?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43661

bpimagelist has some options regarding SLP's  e.g.

-option LIST_COMPLETE_COPIES   Do not report fragments of a duplicate copy that is still in process

-stl_incomplete
Reports only the images that the storage lifecycle has not completely processed. This option cannot be used with the stl_complete option

-stl_name storage_lifecycle_name
Specifies a storage lifecycle name to be used when you select images. Only images with the specified storage lifecycle name are selected.