cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SORT Question

Learning_Everyd
Level 5

I'm looking to run a health check on my NBU environment.  Specifically trying to see if SORT can provide an evaluation of the current backup and restroe environment with a focus on capacity, growth, performance, risks, configuration improvments etc.  

From the SORT homepage it only looks like it focuses on upgrading and licensing.  Any info on if SORT can do this?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We would all like such a tool!

... and will leave all of us consultants without a job! cheeky

Learning_Everyd
Level 5

LOL, so I take it that's a no?  Is there anything that even comes close or something that you recommend?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

After 14 years in this job, I wish there was such a tool...

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Capacity & Growth - you need a reporting tool - Opscenter can do this

Health checks, well you can check things like hostname lookups and port checks with NBDNA 

Catalog consistency can be done with NBCC (You need to raise request with Symantec to analyze the output)

I'd focus on Capacity & Growth to be honest. You'll know if there's lookup/port issues by failing jobs!

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You can use SORT to check if you're system are ready for a given version. All my installation/upgrade guides begin with a SORT run to make sure they are as Symantec expect them to be.

Any unsupported kernel/version will be flagged. It's a great tool so use it :)

Tim_Hoke
Level 3
Employee

@Learning Everyday,

SORT does not currently have any Risk Assessment/Health Check items for the NB-family of products.  It's definitly an area where we want to expand (and soon).

I'll pass along this thread to our Product Manager to help add context to prioritization of future SORT work.

Thanks for the request/feedback!

-Tim