cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2005 Cluster/ Error encountered trying to read database images

Sig
Level 3
Hello,

I'm getting bellow described error messages when trying to get the list of backup images via NETBACKUP SQL client on MS SQL 2005 cluster that is active.

Here is what I do:
From the "NetBackup MS SQL Client" utility -> Restore SQL server object -> in the "SQL Host" field I enter SQL cluster name. In the "Source client" <same as SQL HOST> and then I click OK.

The 1st error that pops up:

"Error encountered trying to read database images"

Once I click OK the 2nd error message comes up:

"You may have received this error if you do not have access rights to backup images created for NBSERVER"

I'm logged in into the server with the same admin/system account as Netbackup Client is running. DB backup jobs competes without any errors. The account is also in the list of "Authorizes Users" on NB Master server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sig
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rv21090
Not applicable
I was having a similar issue while trying to restore a database from one server to another.  It didn't work until I created the C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\altnames folder and the No.Restrictions file on the master server.  Once that was done, the restored started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

rv21090
Not applicable
I was having a similar issue while trying to restore a database from one server to another.  It didn't work until I created the C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\altnames folder and the No.Restrictions file on the master server.  Once that was done, the restored started.