cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL BACKUP WITH RESTARTTYPE AUTO

Sisso
Level 5

Hello,

We are running Netbackup 7.5.0.6 on windows server 2008 SP1 R2.

Recently, I noticed that I get many warnings and info massages in the detailed status of sql backup jobs.

We backup our SQL servers with batch file that we created, the bach files have the same syntax for all the servers, for example:

OPERATION BACKUP
DATABASE $ALL
EXCLUDE "master"
SQLHOST "SQL_SERVER"
SQLINSTANCE "SQLINST3"
NBSERVER "NB_MASTER"
BATCHSIZE 15
MAXTRANSFERSIZE 6
BLOCKSIZE 7
DUMPOPTION INCREMENTAL
NUMBUFS 2
SQLCOMPRESSION TRUE
RESTARTTYPE AUTO
RESTARTWAITSECONDS 60
NUMRESTARTS 3
ENDOPER TRUE

The issue is that when I run this batch file, I see thousands of the following massages:

4/22/2014 11:45:51 AM - Info dbclient(pid=11176) INF - NUMRETRIES, RETRYTYPE, RETRYWAITSECONDS are ignored if they provided after the first operation in the batch file. However, the values provided for the first operation apply to all of the operations in the batch.
4/22/2014 11:45:51 AM - Info dbclient(pid=11176) WARN - NUMRETRIES, RETRYTYPE, RETRYWAITSECONDS are ignored if they provided after the first operation in the batch file. However, the values provided for the first operation apply to all of the operations in the batch.

I think the problem is in the script but I dont know what is the problem.

Please advise how to remove this massages from the job detailed status.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Hey Sisso,

I think you can totally ignore those messages and warnings.

Please see the below parameters these will get into picture only  while to retry the failed backups automatically

NUMRETRIES 2        #This parameter tells that how many times failed backups needs to be retried

RETRYTYPE AUTO        #This parameter tells that Failed backups will be retried automatically

RETRYWAITSECONDS    #This parameter tell that how long it need to wait before starting retry.

These 3 parameters are basic paramters to setup auto retry for failed backups in sql along with other parameters

As per my understanding, yours wld be a successful backup (not a failed and retry job) hence it is ignoring those paramters and proceeding with backup..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Hey Sisso,

I think you can totally ignore those messages and warnings.

Please see the below parameters these will get into picture only  while to retry the failed backups automatically

NUMRETRIES 2        #This parameter tells that how many times failed backups needs to be retried

RETRYTYPE AUTO        #This parameter tells that Failed backups will be retried automatically

RETRYWAITSECONDS    #This parameter tell that how long it need to wait before starting retry.

These 3 parameters are basic paramters to setup auto retry for failed backups in sql along with other parameters

As per my understanding, yours wld be a successful backup (not a failed and retry job) hence it is ignoring those paramters and proceeding with backup..

Sisso
Level 5

Hey sri,

So if I undertood right, I should to ignore this massages on my job detailed status since this is a normal massages?

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

As long as your backup is completed successfully with status "0" and you are able to recove the database you can ignore the messages.