cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Backup is failing with error code 58.

Shiv_Sankar
Level 4
Hi,

One of our critical MS-SQL server backup is failing with error code 58.

Master server(HP-UX) NBU Version: 6.0 MP6 Client Server(Win2K3) NBU version: 6.0 MP4?

Can you pls help me to resolve the issue as earlier?

4 REPLIES 4

Android
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Is this a new client?  Or was this a previously working client that is now failing with status 58?

Status 58 is ussually a communications problem.  You should perform "Resolving network communication problems" from the Troubleshooting Guide.

ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290230.pdf

If this is an existing client that was working before you may still want to check to make sure no changed were made to DNS.  Let us know how it goes, whether you are able to ping by hostname in either direction, etc. 

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Are your filesystem backups working for the sql server ? If Yes verify that the NBMASTER and SQLHOST parameters in the batch file are correct

Also see if the master server can perform name resolution correctly for the client (For both lower case and upper case)

Shiv_Sankar
Level 4

Hi,

This server backup was running fine for 2 weeks back. but last few days only the backup is failing.

I tried connecting the client from media servers. but it is some times connecting and some times it throws error 25 cannot connect on socket and

Connection reset by peer (232). i am able to get the ping response with no issues.

In bpbrm log file also same status code 25 cannot connect on socket is showing some times...!

Recently the server has been done with microsoft patches and can see the n/w settings is set to auto.

Pls suggest me that this can be reason for the backup failure.or

Upgrading  nb client from 6.0mp4 to 6.0mp6 can resolve the problem...?

Pls help me....!

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
On he client, create these folders:

c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\logs\bpcd
c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\logs\dbclient

these logs will show you cause of failure