Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Incremental backups not showing below Full backups while restore

rk1074
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

I have witnessed this of for the first time. I am trying to restore one SQL DB using Netbackup SQL Client. While browsing for the available backup is Restore SQL server object, I am uaable to see Incremental backups below their predessor Full backups as it should be. I am seeing only Full backup Images. Instead , I can see one more source server  with similar name and under that I can see "DATABASE IMAGE PLACEHOLDER" and all incremental images are under it.

I checked on other SQL servers and do not see any thing like this on them. Any idea what is this DIP  and how to resolve this strange thing

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What is different about this client? NBU version/patch level? SQL version/patch level? I have seen something similar with a specific NBU version/patch and was fixed with more recent patch.

rk1074
Level 6
Partner

Nothing Different.

NBU version is 7.1.0.2

MS SQL server 2008 R2

I checked the backups of other instances on the same host whre this instance reside and they are showing  right. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Something different about the way backups are done for this client? You may want to log a call with Symantec/Veritas but they will probably tell you to upgrade....