cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Restore Green dots in list

goodierocks
Level 2

Hi

I was wondering about the green dot in my sql restore process, the RED dot show the jobs but the green do nuthing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

I am guessing that he is looking at restores using just the BAR gui configured for an MS-SQL policy type:

BARgui.PNG

The red dots are for each of the individual files backed up during the SQL backup.  The green dots I'm not sure, as clicking on these gives me the error "Unable to obtain list of files using specified search criteria".

Having said that, I wouldn't be using the BAR gui for an MS-SQL restore but rather the NetBackup MS SQL Client which shows the backups as whole databases rather than the files that make them up:

NBmssqlClient.PNG

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Show us what you're referring to.

Marianne
Level 6

We need screeshots....

No idea about the dots....

Systems_Team
   VIP   

I am guessing that he is looking at restores using just the BAR gui configured for an MS-SQL policy type:

BARgui.PNG

The red dots are for each of the individual files backed up during the SQL backup.  The green dots I'm not sure, as clicking on these gives me the error "Unable to obtain list of files using specified search criteria".

Having said that, I wouldn't be using the BAR gui for an MS-SQL restore but rather the NetBackup MS SQL Client which shows the backups as whole databases rather than the files that make them up:

NBmssqlClient.PNG

Regards,

Steve

Marianne
Level 6

Always difficult when everyone responds except the original poster....

Shaun_Taylor
Level 5
Certified

As Steve says - use the MS SQL Client for restores, not BAR.