Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2014 strange SCL

rcdauria
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey guys,

Reviewing the NBU 7.7 - 7.7.x Database and Application Agent Compatibility List, I noticed something weird about the SQL Server 2014 support:

When running SQL Server 2014 on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2, the SCL states that only Windows DataCenter edition is suppoted - Standard and Enterprise Editions are not.

Anyone knows if this is a error/typo on the SCL, or if there's a fair explanation for that limitation?

Btw I checked the MS site and SQL 2014 supports both Windows 2008 Standard and Enterprise Editions.

Thanks a lot,

Rafael

The SCL link (see page 18):

http://origin-symwisedownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/SYMWISE/content/live/SOLUTIONS/230000/TECH230332/en_US/nbu_77_db_scl.pdf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rcdauria
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey, just FYI, it really was a typo at the SCL doc - it is gone now.

All Windows 2008 R2 versions are supported.

Tks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It appears to be the same note copied over from the original inclusion in the 7.0-7.6 DBCL (TECH126904) when the original support started in 7.6.0.3 just about a year ago, so I don't think it's a typo.

If it's a requirement for you that you run your SQL 2014 on Standard or Enterprise edition, I'd suggest opening a case with us or talking to your friendly partner to see if you can get an answer from the Engineering folks as to why we might have only said Datacenter is supported and if that's still the case a year later.  (I tried to find a quick, obvious answer but came up empty.)

rcdauria
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Actually this would be a very usual requirement (SQL 2014 on non-datacenter Windows versions).

I am a partner, talking to brazilians SE's right now.

Will let you guys know when I have an answer.

Tkss!

rcdauria
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey, just FYI, it really was a typo at the SCL doc - it is gone now.

All Windows 2008 R2 versions are supported.

Tks!

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

We stand corrected!  (Looks like there's an update note in the 7/23 version of TECH230332 which covered this - well, let's not say "typo..." let's say "omission" :) )