cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server T-log backup Info

krishnak1
Level 3

I'm trying to perform a T-log backup on the sql database and I want to understand if it creates a new backup image. I couldn't find the NBIMAGE information anywhere.

I would like to find the NBIMAGE info and use that to restore using the move database script.

Can anyone please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

as for empty search results, you probably mistyped SQL Host in criteria. Most likely is using hostname instead of FQDN. Verify in Job Detail first what was the SQL client under which the backup was catalogued.

NetBackup Client search for all backups, either performed from a client or server.

If you use SQL Intelligent policies only, you cannot initiate backups from a client. For this you must have at least one legacy MS SQL policy with "Application Backup" schedule.

Michal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

NBIMAGE value(s) will find out a move template script for you when you choose required backups for restore. See attachment where full db backup and 3 subsequent tlog backups were chosen for this operation.

Is it what you have asked for?

Regards

Michal

Hi Michal,

Thanks for providing the reference for the move statements. This is helpful.

Unfortunately, after performing a T-log backup from the policy schedule, if I navagate to the Netbackup MSSQL Client and look for the "Restore Microsoft SQL Server Objects" I don't find the backup entries for the database I took. I did provide the right time frame for the search, still I couldn't find those full/tlog images.

I performed the full and tlog backup from the Admin console and I'm trying to search for those backup images from the client, Will that work?

or the client will only show the images which are backed up from the client directly? 

The other issue is when ever I try to schedule backups from client it fails, it only succeeds from the Admin Console. 

Please suggest.

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

as for empty search results, you probably mistyped SQL Host in criteria. Most likely is using hostname instead of FQDN. Verify in Job Detail first what was the SQL client under which the backup was catalogued.

NetBackup Client search for all backups, either performed from a client or server.

If you use SQL Intelligent policies only, you cannot initiate backups from a client. For this you must have at least one legacy MS SQL policy with "Application Backup" schedule.

Michal

Thanks Michal, 

I changed to the ip address and am able to view all the backups.

Thanks again.