cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL restore from client failed

perez_cmz
Level 6

Getting the following message on a newly built server; os backup completes successfully

Error initializing NetBackup Catalog. This could be caused by a missing or expired NetBackup license key

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apologies, I was not alerted to everyones response. It seems the issue for me was the way SQL was installed on our server build image

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
OS backup is different. Comms is initiated by the media server. Database backup and restore comms is initiated by the client.
Client needs to connect via pbx to bprd on the master server.

Check forward and reverse name lookup between master and client as well as connectivity on port 1556 in both directions.

Can you do a file restore initiated from the client ?

Are there any dedicated firewalls in the path ?  If that is the case, you often need any port -> pbx (1556) rules in both directions in my experience.

Is the client set allowed to browse in the client attributes in the master server properties ? (It will need to have both browse and restore permissions to be able to restore SQL)

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Mike_Gavrilov

If you entered correct license keys then it might be DNS issue https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000083572 as Marianne already said.

NBU35
Level 6

1) verifiy name resolution between Master & client.

ALso confirm SQL backups for these databases are working fine?

Is it restore on same client or alternate client ?

Check Dbclient, bpcd logs on client and bprd logs on matser server.

Also check if client has permission to browse and restore data.

Use following command to verify it : 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admicmd/bpclient -client client_name -L

inoutput following two must be allowed.

Free Browse: Allow
List Restore: Allow Both

if it is not there then, try /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admicmd/bpclient -client client_name -list_restore 1

Then try restor

Marianne

Seems @perez_cmz last visited here a week ago....

Apologies, I was not alerted to everyones response. It seems the issue for me was the way SQL was installed on our server build image