cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUSE linux 11 backup completes with 32kb with status 0

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello 

We are using nbu 7.6.1 on windows 2008R2 master and trying to backup a linux suse 11sp3. Full backup is fine but incremental or differential job is completing with status 0 and shows only 32kb. Please help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
How did you add the data? What is the timestamp on the added files? Older or newer than the time of full backup? NBU uses mtime for incrementals by default. See this Technote for explanation and how to change to ctime: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000044440

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

revarooo
Level 6
Employee
Have any files changed? If not then that is normal.

Marianne
Level 6

If Cummulative Incremental or Differential Incremental schedule is in the the same policy as the Full backup, then it means that Cinc will backup all changes since the last Full.
Diff will backup any changes since the last backup.

As per revarooo's post - if nothing has changed, then this is normal.

What makes you believe that this is a problem?

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello Marianne,

I used to do only full backups before. But now we are planning to do the incremental backups so I created a new policy and added 2 schedules to it full and Differential Incremental  to check if that works. Full backup went fine and I added around 5gb data to same folder to run next incremental backup. However it completes with 32kb as succesfull.

Any thing I should be looking at Suse11 side ? any suggestions.

Marianne
Level 6
How did you add the data? What is the timestamp on the added files? Older or newer than the time of full backup? NBU uses mtime for incrementals by default. See this Technote for explanation and how to change to ctime: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000044440

WikiDonor
Level 6

Hello Marianne,

I added the below lines and it is no longer showing 32kb and shows incremental size of the backup and same thing is updated under restore view. 

USE_CTIME_FOR_INCREMENTALS

DO_NOT_RESET_FILE_ACCESS_TIME

Thank you very much for your inputs.