cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe to remove files in \Program Files\Veritas\Patch\ ?

Jeremy32
Level 3

Hello all,

I am running Netbackup 7.5 and have kept up to date with the Maintenance packs. We have a number of Windows virtual servers with small C drives that our Windows Admins are looking to free up space.

Is it safe to delete the files located in C:\Program Files\Veritas\Patch\? For example I see a list of all the patches I have installed for Netbackup that appear in order: NB_75_0_3_HNB_75_0_4_HNB_75_0_5_H,  etc. Should I remove the old patches and keep the current file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes. you can delete all of them as long as you dont need to revert the netbackup to older version..

Netbackup keep the older version files in this location at the time of upgrade  to make use of them in case of reverting the upgrade.

this helps to get some space the C drive for sure...

yes the best idea to delete the old patch and keep the new patches...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ankit_Maheshwar
Level 5

Delete this.. No issue..

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes. you can delete all of them as long as you dont need to revert the netbackup to older version..

Netbackup keep the older version files in this location at the time of upgrade  to make use of them in case of reverting the upgrade.

this helps to get some space the C drive for sure...

yes the best idea to delete the old patch and keep the new patches...

Vickie
Level 6
Yeah, these can be deleted.

To be on safer side you can do one thing : Keep a copy of these binaries on some safe location, so that incase of any requirement in future you can get it from there.

Thanks