cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

San client and sun solaris global zone

scerreti
Level 4

Hi,

i have to configure backup client in non global zone solaris.

These zones are very big (for me): if i install san client on global zone the non-global zone use FT transport to backup or they use LAN tranport?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

So you have got Oracle in local zone. Fine.

That is how we resolved this issue. First, install media server in you global zone, make sure it works well. Next you should install NetBackup client with Oracle extention in your local zone where you have the Oracle instance. You use media server in your global zone to backup you Oracle instance that resides in the local zone. You use TCP/IP loopback as youк transport.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
FT transport depend on FC HBA function, and non-global zone can not cooperate with it.

scerreti
Level 4

... to implement a media server in the global zone and the non global zone refer to this for backups. 

I think in this way backup will be faster than a media server in a different server.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If I understand right, files of non-global zones are visible and can be backed up from global zone.

scerreti
Level 4

in the non global zone i have oralce db so i need to backup from the local also

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

So you have got Oracle in local zone. Fine.

That is how we resolved this issue. First, install media server in you global zone, make sure it works well. Next you should install NetBackup client with Oracle extention in your local zone where you have the Oracle instance. You use media server in your global zone to backup you Oracle instance that resides in the local zone. You use TCP/IP loopback as youк transport.