cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save tapes

Uniken1
Level 4

Hello. After virus, we have lost much of configuration files of NetBackup and disk storages. Now after disaster recovery catalog I have access to data on tapes.

I want to reinstall master and media servers, with lost of all configuration and disc storages.

But I want to save info on tapes on future installed NetBackup! Is it possible? How to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Catalog backup contains ALL image, policy, clients, media, devices, storage units, etc info.
There is no way where you can select only certain info to restore ( e.g images and no policies).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Did you have a Catalog backup configured ?  This is how NetBackup save it's config and all the catalog information.

If not, then you need to do this.  There is a catalog policy wizard that can set this up for you.  You need to be sure to schedule it to run daily.

Not unederstand your answer. Im wrote that im already restore netbackup with disaster recovery catalog and restore some data.
Now i want to fully reinstall netbackup but with saving data on tapes

Genericus
   VIP   

if you rebuild your master, and restore your catalog - which you say you have done, you are on the right track, go ahead and rebuild your environment, the tape and data should have been restored with the catalog.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Aologies, I managed to miss the part that you had restored from the catalog backup.

Could you explain what you mean by 'saving data on tapes'.

As mentioned, the catalog should have restored the details needed to run restores, so I am not too sure what you mean by 'saving data on tapes'

Example: i can delete policy and client from netbackup but at this moment i still can access to catalog(and backups) of this deleted client manualy enter its name.

So I supppse that I can install fresh netbackup and restore only info about backup images. And do not restore any polisies, clients, configs ...

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Catalog backup contains ALL image, policy, clients, media, devices, storage units, etc info.
There is no way where you can select only certain info to restore ( e.g images and no policies).

Thanks for clarification