Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Backup does not launch jobs

xaBo
Level 3
Partner
Hi all
I have this rare issue. There 12 clients and just 2 or 3 jobs works fine, but the others never launch automatic when I set a specific time. Manually all backups works !!

I found this articles

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289899.htm
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285529.htm

I remove the policie set in hours, but the problem still...

Have 6.5 version, with all solaris 10 clients, any idea ???

Thanks !!!!
Javier
9 REPLIES 9

Stumpr2
Level 6

xaBo wrote:
... Manually all backups works !!

remember that manual backups effect the frequency. If you have the freq set to 1 per day and you run a manual backup then the automatic backup will not run since a backup has already ran in the last 24 hours.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Still having problems

xaBo
Level 3
Partner
Bob
Yes, the bug still. I scheduled each backup job for this last weekend in different time after lauch a full backup of them. The problem is that no log generated.
I still looking for more ideas...
Thanks !
Javier

nox
Level 4
have you tried calendar based backups for testing? already tried restarting Netbackup or even the box i assume.

Methos8
Level 4
We had an issue similar to yours.  We had a policy with a calendar based schedule and some of the clients would run while other wouldn't even queue.

Opened a call with Symantec and we were eventually advised to upgrade to 6.5.1 where a similar bug is supposedly fixed.

Since then I believe all has been running as scheduled but as you probably understand, since no error is generated its hard to know that its working without considerable manual effort.

xaBo
Level 3
Partner
Thanks Methos & Nox
I actually restart the box and NBU, but nothing. Actually, I'll do the same as Methos, update to 6.5.1 and let you know its results for me...
As I see in download page for the product, a lot of files are available, one I special or all for 6.5 I need to download ??

Regards !!
Javier 

zippy
Level 6
stick these servers in a two or 4 hour sched. shorten the time in other words,

JD

Methos8
Level 4
Make sure you get 6.5.1A.  There was some issue with the initial 6.5.1

xaBo
Level 3
Partner
Methos
Where do I find the patch for it ?? I'm looking for it and just found

Which one is the better? Could you send me the adress ?

Thanks
Javier