cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule backup frequency Vs Calender type backup.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi All,

I am getting a different error or rahter no error.

I have Netbackup 7.0.1 installed over Win 2008 Hyper -V (64bit) using 8 slots Tanberg tape librery.

I have scheduled 5 No. Daily incremental backup schedule in a  policy and 2 No. Full backup schedule in the same policy.

I have configured ferquency type and provided a day and time schedule.

It was happaning that the backup was not happining without any of error as if there was no backup schedule.

I have no trace or any logs about this failed backup.

As , I have near about 12 server of different policy daily, weekly and monthly with different backup type(AD, Oracle , SQL, Linux , etc) thus the may be the schedular is over loaded.

I have enabled the Jobs per client to 99 in the Master sarver.

I do some manula backup to test , where it was successful.

Please help me may be I have missing out some thing.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

And the backup windows for same?

Have they failed previously & a manual backup job been run subsequently? If the frequency is set too large then running a manual backup can result in the scheduled backup not running the following week.

Can we see the output from:

bppllist policy -U

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

And the backup windows for same?

Have they failed previously & a manual backup job been run subsequently? If the frequency is set too large then running a manual backup can result in the scheduled backup not running the following week.

Can we see the output from:

bppllist policy -U

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please have a look at David Chapa's blog for a good explanation of Frequency based scheduling:

http://blogs.netapp.com/barandgrill/2008/10/freque...

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi ,

First of all thanks a lot to Andy and Marianne. I always find some good answare, they were like teacher for me, telling to go and sit with the admin guide.

The blog of David was fantastic. He have made a clear understanding of frequency backup. Now I know the real power of that.

So I got the thing that I used to do some manual backup which in turn makes the schedular understand the backup for this week is over , no need to run the next backup on this week as per schedule.

That was the reson I was not getting any error as the schedular already have update of the backup being done.

Thanks a lot.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If we managed to answer your query, please mark solution.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

Thanks a lot .

we have now used the calender way of backup..

As the frequency does not backup in the next schedule, when we have already done manual backup.

The backup identifies as the backup have completed and does not require any further backup on that schedule.

The backup runs again on the next schedule.

Thanks.