cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Backup Job Hung After Upgrade to 7.5.0.6 Version.

fairuz821108
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi All,

I'm facing with backup job hung after upgrade the client to 7.5.0.6 version. However, the backup able to complete when we initiate it manually.

Kindly refer to the attachement:

1. hung job.txt - show backup hung since previous day till now

2. backup complete.txt - show backup completed after manual backup being initiated.

As verified with the user, no activity was ran during the scheduled job.

This is not only the server that we encountered this issue, but we have few others that have same problem.

Thanks,

Fairuz

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Any chance that the following may apply to the client?

Extract from NBU 7.5 LBN:

(NEW) (ET3251172) <<Fix Downloadable>> After upgrading to Netbackup 7.5.0.6, bpbkar32.exe may fault on Windows 2003 clustered servers.
 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209546

If not, please enable bpbkar log on the client for further troubleshooting.

fairuz821108
Level 3

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The technote shows that the workaround is apply for the cluster environment. Does the fix will resolve for the NBU client that install as local? Also, I can't find Windows Application Event log show the same error as mentioned in the technote.

I will enable the bpbkar log and share the output later.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This is possibly not the same issue then. bpbkar log should help to troubleshoot.

fairuz821108
Level 3

The bpbkar log as attached.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

I would check the NIC drivers on this client and update them if are not newest ones:

"

11:24:53.579 AM: [6296.7908] <16> dtcp_write: TCP - failure: send socket (1772) (TCP 10054: Connection reset by peer)
11:24:53.579 AM: [6296.7908] <16> dtcp_write: TCP - failure: attempted to send 1 bytes

"