cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script for getting the queue information of De-dupe

Goal_mg
Level 3

Hi,

I am new to scripting, please can you help me in writing the script for getting the queue information of de-dupe.

By executing the following command.

crcontrol --queueinfo

Thanks and Regards

Hema

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Why not just use a  .bat file if you are on Windows and then use Blat like the catalog backup uses?

That makes it really easy:

"c:\program files\veritas\pdde\crcontrol" --queueinfo>c:\queueinfo.txt

blat c:\queueinfo.txt -s "Queue Info" -t you@yourdomain.com

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
O/S and version and patch, NBU version and patch, scripting language?

sdo
O/S and version and patch, NBU version and patch, scripting language?

Goal_mg
Level 3

OS - Windows 2008 R2 - 64 bit

NBU Version - 7.5.0.4

Scriting Lang - Perl script

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What extend of the perl script do you want help with ?

One single command or how you execute a command with-in Perl or capturing info ?

Goal_mg
Level 3

I want to execute crcontrol --queueinfo command and mail the output.

Just to get the last queue process details from MSDP server.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Why not just use a  .bat file if you are on Windows and then use Blat like the catalog backup uses?

That makes it really easy:

"c:\program files\veritas\pdde\crcontrol" --queueinfo>c:\queueinfo.txt

blat c:\queueinfo.txt -s "Queue Info" -t you@yourdomain.com

Goal_mg
Level 3

Hi Mark,

I want to schedule the script by windows task scheduler, and want the output to be mailed everyday.

Sorry i am not aware of blat..

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is exactly what Mark's script is doing!

blat is an email client for Windows that needs to be downloaded and configured separately.

See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24110

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Not a problem

Make a file name queue.bat somewhere on your master server, edit it and paste in the two lines i gave earlier

Then setup a scheduled task (that runs using an administrators account) to run the queue.bat file.

Blat is the freeware mail program reccomended for use for all netbackup notifications on Windows - if your catalog backup send out an e-mail when it completes with the DR file attached you are probably already using blat - if not you really should be!

You can get it from www.blat.net and just follow its instruction for installing it in the Master

If you already have a mail program setup then just use that instead to send out the queueinfo.txt

Goal_mg
Level 3

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information.

I need to configure it on MSDP server - De-Dupe media server. Please can you help me in configuring hte alert without using the third party software.

Marianne

You need some sort of email client/program..

There is nothing built into Windows or NetBackup.

Unix/Linux servers have sendmail as part of the OS. Unfortunately nothing like this on Windows.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

My script will do exactly what you want but you said you wanted to mail the output so to do that you need a mail program

If you dont have one on your Master to send the catalog DR file I suggest you get blat to do it anyway - that is really important!

To mail you need something so i suggest you install blat as it works very well and is the suggested application to use for NetBackup

This will need installing on the MSDP Media Server and that is where the .bat file needs to be run by the scheduler

sdo

Goal_H - IMO, Mark's response deserves a 'solution' acknowledgement.

Goal_mg
Level 3

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the solution, but is there any option to check the queue information from Ops center. We are using Ops center analytics, with the help of SQL query.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Nothing in OpsCenter - this is a MSDP / PureDisk command trun on the MSDP server itself

Marianne

... please can you help me in writing the script ....

@Goal_H, you will agree that the request in your opening post has been answered.

Your request for OpsCenter report is a new request and cannot be done.

Please close off this discussion by marking this post as solution.

Goal_mg
Level 3
Hi, Thanks all for you reply. It was done using batch script and scheduling the bacth script using Windows task scheduler. Then output is mailed using SMTP.