cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server on Fedora Core 4 possible?

Richard_van_Den
Level 4
Hi All,

I'm trying to get a Netbackup Server (5.0) up and running on a Fedora Core 4 system (kernel 2.6.14). I know it's not supported, but what the heck it's for testing purposes only.
All installation went fine, but when I start jnbSA and access the Activity Monitor I get an allocation error (also in the java log there is an error).
Has anyone done this before? Or could some point out a fix/cure for the problem. The thing is I only have the Linux system available as a test system (Windows is not an option, due to hardware restrictions and other software running on the system).

RichardMessage was edited by:
Richard van Denzel
5 REPLIES 5

Stumpr2
Level 6
Do the command lines work?

Have you tried the curses bpadm?

Richard_van_Den
Level 4
The CLI works.

Using the cursus bpadm also works.

All functions in jnbSA seem to be working with exception of the activity monitor.

Stumpr2
Level 6
since the CLI works, perhaps you can do some creative uses of the bpdbjobs command. There have been so many problems/fixes with the java interface it is hard to determine what may be the cause of the activity monitor not working. I remember one time when the activity monitor seemed to work OK it would lie about the success/failure of some jobs :(

Richard_van_Den
Level 4
That might be an option.

I already updated everything to MP6, but no success yet :(

Richard_van_Den
Level 4
Hmmm...., looks like they've withdrawn MP6.