Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services in a NetBackup Clustered Master Server

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   

Hi guys,

I have a really quick question, because I dont have a test enviroment to figured it out by my self.

I have a Clustered Master Server (WSFC) installed in windows server 2012 each node but some services are set manual and some other are set automatic. Can anyone tell me how is the correct configuration for all services??

I´m asking this because when I perform a failover not all of the services start!

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @AndresV,

I have a question, how was defined the start type services on the another node? I dont know a lot about NBU+Cluster...Smiley Frustrated

In my opinion these services that are with start type Manual should be changed to Automatic. I have a standalone Master, and if you compare with my, you can see the difference. Even because, when you perform a failover, you may need to start these services manually.

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-18 at 17.30.17.jpeg

Would be better you check these documents

Veritas NetBackup Clustered Master Server Administrators Guide
Veritas NetBackup Installation Guide

Thiago

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@AndresV

Services in a cluster must be set to manual because the cluster software is now responsible for starting, monitoring and stopping services.

This is perfectly normal for any kind of clustered application, e.g. MS-SQL, Oracle, etc.