cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow Copy Components backup is failing with 156 error.

NBU_Adm
Level 3

Hi All,

Shadow Copy Components backup is failing with 156 error.

Job Details:

ERR - Volume resolution error for (System State:\System Files\System Files)

We have checked the bpbkar log and found that there is an unresolved volume path which is not available in the  client server.

Bpbkar logs:

<2> ov_log::V_GlobalLog: INF - Status E_FS_VOLUME_NOT_FOUND (0xE0000352) for object 'System Files'.  Faild to resolve volume path name for 'x:\serv\bin' in SHADOW::SetSelectedForBackup

Master server version 7.1

Client version : 7.1

When running w2koption -ignore_unresolved_volumes it is erroring with 'invalid parameter'

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>w2koption -backup -ignore_unresolved_volumes X:

ERROR - invalid parameter: -ignore_unresolved_volumes
ERROR - invalid parameter: X:

Please provide solution to fix this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This parameter was introduced in a 7.1.0.x patch. I suggest you patch the server and client to 7.1.0.4 and then retry the command.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
This parameter was introduced in a 7.1.0.x patch. I suggest you patch the server and client to 7.1.0.4 and then retry the command.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

- When running w2koption -ignore_unresolved_volumes it is erroring with 'invalid parameter'

Can you print up exactly what command you are running.

NBU_Adm
Level 3
Thanks for your support.. Can we upgrade client to 7.1.0.4? Master server version is 7.1

Marianne
Level 6
Yes, 7.1 master /media supports 7.1.0.4 client (point patch level that is higher). But I strongly recommend that you patch the master server as well. There have been LOTS of fixes and enhancements in patches after 7.1.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Yes, that is supported.