Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint 2010 GRT Backup Partially Successful

jku
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

I just configured GRT Backups for SharePoint 2010 and NBU 7.1.0.3. Backup and Restore of granular items seem to work fine, but I am wondering about this partially successful message after every backup-job.

All involved hosts are based on Windows 2008 R2 (KB 955012 doesn't apply here).

I analyzed the logfiles and the only thing I figured out was the bpbkar-log of the SQL-host stating that NetBackup sometimes was not able to delete the temporary directories below the netbackup temp-directory at the end of the backup which finally leads to the status code 1.

Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the message?

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

If is the parent job of a multistreamed backup you can ignore it at least that one of the child jobs failed, SQL always ends parent jobs with status 1, only confirm you have all your DB's and you'll be fine.

jku
Level 3

Message in bpbkar log of the sql backend-server:

12:45:58.462 PM: [4716.7288] <8> tar_backup_tfi::cleanupFolder: WRN - unable to remove directory: C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\temp\xxxxxxxx_1327058999\ (err = 145)
12:45:58.462 PM: [4716.7288] <2> tar_base::V_vTarMsgW: INF - EXIT STATUS 1: the requested operation was partially successful

jku
Level 3

I don't use multistreaming as this is not supportet for sharepoint-policies. SharePoint-Backups without GRT end up with status 0. Only GRT-enabled policies will result in a partially successful state.